Falfurrias and Premont FUMC - Please mark your calendars as appropriate :)
(1) Weekly Bible Study - We began our study in May of 2018 and have continued every Sunday. As of January 19, 2020 we are about finished reading the book of 2 Kings and are about to plunge into First Chronicles, which means we have read and discussed 12 of the 66 books in our Christian Bible and 12 of the 39 books of the Old Testament. We took a short break during the hot summer months of 2019 but are back at it again. If you have been putting off reading and discussing the bible, cover to cover, here's your chance to jump in and do it with others in your Falfurrias/Premont church family. We will alternate between Falfurrias and Premont churches on an every other Sunday basis with 1st and 3rd Sundays in Falfurrias and 2nd and 4th Sundays in Premont. On the months with 5 Sundays we will take the 5th Sunday off :)
We meet at the church (either Falfurrias or Premont) on Sunday afternoons at 4:00 p.m. and generally finisfh around 5:30 p.m. PLEASE JOIN US :)
All are invited to attend!!
(2) Ash Wednesday Service- Wednesday afternoon on February 26, 2020 at 3:30 pm in the Falfurrias Sanctuary. Both Premont and Falfurrias Churches will meet for a short worship service followed by Disposition of Ashes. Disposition of Ashes will continue until 4:30 pm on a come and go basis. Everyone is invited to attend :)
(3) Hands of Hope - Open every Wednesday in Falfurrias from 10 an to 2 pm. Contact Rosie at 361-522- 5306 for more information.
(4) Methodist Counselor – Every Wednesday in Falfurrias from 1pm to 5pm in the Church Parlor. (Sponsored by Methodist Health Care Ministries - Please contact Richard Sanchez at 361-442-3670 or 361-992-9540 for details)
(5) Purple Door Counselor - Every Tuesday in Falfurrias from 9am to 5pm in the Church Nursery.
(Please contact Jenyse Rodrigues for details. Jenyse can be reached by calling her supervisor, Jennifer Radcliffe-Jones, and asking for Jenyse's cell number. Jennifer's number is 361-248-3406)
(6) CNA Classes – In Falfurrias when in session and meets every Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30pm till done. Meet in the Sunday School Rooms in the back.
(Sponsored by Los Mestenos. Please contact Crystal at 361-228-3676 for details)
(7) GED Classes – In Falfurrias when in session meets every Tuesday and Wednesday at 5:40 PM till done.
(Sponsored by Los Mestenos. Contact Crystal at 361-228-3676 for details)
(See our table in Fellowship hall at the church in Falfurrias for more information on Events 3 -7)
Dear Fellow Servants and Disciples of Christ:
God saved us by His free gift of grace. God loves us in spite of what we are and what we have done. There is no room for human pride in light of God’s grace. It is a miracle of God’s undeserved love that He forgives us our many sins.
Jesus calls us to lives of service just as He served us. Jesus calls us to reach out to the nobodies and real sinners of this world just as He reached out for real sinners like us. Knowledge of our many sins and the unlimited grace and love of God keeps us humble and dependent upon the grace of God.
Let each of us look not only to our own interests, but also to the interests of others in the coming months of this new year. In thinking about our plans for 2020, I would ask you to consider some of the following community mission opportunities:
(1) How might we be of better help to the poor and hungry in the community?
(2) How might we be of help in ministering to those who are elderly and almost invisible to the community, those living in area nursing homes or those living lives of seclusion as
(3) How might we be of help to our schools?
(4) How might we be of help to our local governments?
(5) How might we grow ourselves as members of Christ's Body the Church thru
connection with other Methodist Churches in our district and with other churches in the area?
We need to be a "Fruitful Church" if we want our existence to matter to our community. If we don’t matter, than why should we as a church continue to exist? In Matthew 21:18-22 NIV we read..."Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, "May you never bear fruit again!" Immediately the tree withered.
Please join me in prayer and discernment as we seek guidance, from above, on ways our church can make a difference in our community. I will do all that I can to help, but I cannot do all that needs doing by myself.
May God’s rich blessings and love be with each of you in the days ahead!
Pastor Lon (1-21-2020)
Our churches are committed to the following vision for the future:
1. Worship Well
2. Grow Together Spiritually
3. Promote Children & Youth Programs
4. Reach Out to Meet the Needs of our Communities
Come visit us and see how we are working on these visions!
First United Methodist Church of Falfurrias
302 W Allen St
Falfurrias, TX 78355
Church Office Phone:
First United Methodist Church of Premont
248 SW 1st Street
P.O. Box 630
Premont, TX 78375
Church Office Phone:
Falfurrias UMC - 9:15 a.m.
Premont UMC - 1:30 p.m.
Falfurrias @ 9:30 a.m.
Pastor Lon is generally in the Parsonage in Falfurrias on:
(1) On Friday afternoons - I generally arrive at the Parsonage from my home in New Braunfels TX.
(2) Saturdays - I am generally in the Parsonage all day.
(3) Sundays - I am generally at one of my 3 churches located in Bishop, Falfurrias and Premont.
(4) Monday morning - I generally return to my home in New Braunfels TX.
You are always welcome to call me and stop by the Parsonage or call me and schedule a time and place where we can meet if that's easier for you.
If you would like to visit with Pastor Lon...please call 817-907-2284 to to speak with him directly about a meeting time.
You are NOT required to be a member of our church to seek pastoral counseling.