Falfurrias and Premont FUMC - Please mark your calendars as appropriate :)
(1) Weekly Bible Study (Starts up again on Sunday May 10, 2020) - So happy to start this up again. We had to stop for 6 weeks because of the Corona Virus but Churches have been opened again. We began our study in May of 2018 with Genesis and have continued most every Sunday since. As of March 15, 2020 we were reading in the book of First Chronicles and are about to plunge into Second Chronicles, which means we have read and discussed 14 of the 66 books in our Christian Bible and 14 of the 39 books of the Old Testament. We took a short break during the hot summer months of 2019 but are back at it again now. If you have been putting off reading and discussing the bible, cover to cover, here's your chance to jump in and do it with others in your Falfurrias/Premont church family. We will alternate between Falfurrias and Premont churches on an every other Sunday basis with 1st and 3rd Sundays in Falfurrias and 2nd and 4th Sundays in Premont. On the months with 5 Sundays we will take the 5th Sunday off :)
We meet at the church (either Falfurrias or Premont) on Sunday afternoons at 4:00 p.m. and generally finisfh around 5:30 p.m. PLEASE JOIN US :)
All are invited to attend!!
(2) Hands of Hope - Every Wednesday in Falfurrias from 10 an to 2 pm. Contact Rosie at 361-522- 5306 for more information.
(3) Methodist Counselor – All meetings will be held every Wednesday in Falfurrias from 1pm to 5pm in the Church Parlor. (Sponsored by Methodist Health Care Ministries - Please call 956-867-0987 for more information)
(4) Purple Door Counselor - Every Tuesday in Falfurrias from 9am to 5pm in the Church Nursery. - Please contact Jenyse Rodrigues for details by calling Jenifer Radcliffe-Jones (Jenyse's supervisor) at 361-248-3406 and asking for Jenyse's cell number.
(5) CNA Classes – In Falfurrias when in session and meets every Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30pm till done. Meet in the Sunday School Rooms in the back.
(Sponsored by Los Mestenos. Please contact Crystal at 361-228-3676 for details)
(6) GED Classes – In Falfurrias when in session meets every Tuesday and Wednesday at 5:40 PM till done.
(Sponsored by Los Mestenos. Contact Crystal at 361-228-3676 for details)
(See our table in Fellowship hall at the church in Falfurrias for more information on Events 2 -6)
April 30, 2020
Greetings to you and yours, in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord !
Tomorrow is May 1st, and the first month of the the 2nd Quarter of 2020 is over! The darker days of March and April are now in the history books and a new season is soon to start unfolding before each of us. A new season, with new promise and new hope, lights our path ahead. Like bears coming out of "Corona Virus" hibernation, we will each emerge from our caves, stretch, feel the sunshine, sniff the fresh air and begin to discern where we go from here. We are about to embark on a new season in life. King Solomon in the Old Testament Book Ecclesiastes 3:1:9, shares with us some beautiful insights on what it means to live a life in harmony with the seasons. It’s all about "living life on life’s terms".
Remember your Bible - Ecclesiastes 3:1:9
1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.
I believe a new season of renewal is at hand, in our communities, in our state and in our country. We are about to begin reopening our nation. Granted, as we enter this new season of change, there will be plenty of loud voices out there offering many unsolicited opinions about everything negative that happens as a result. Voices whose prosperity is derived from spinning the truth to fit political agendas. Voices that will be trying to sell the American people on the scary & negative side of everything. People have not changed much from ancient times and politics is still a tool used to persuade the masses. King Solomon said in Ecclesiastes 1:9 "What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun".
I believe there was much wisdom in what King Solomon said 3000 years ago. "What has been is what will be". You might ask yourself the question; what can we do in light of Solomon’s statement? The simple fact is just this; God gave us brains to use, so we should do our best to use them. Don’t let political voices warp your own perspective on truth. Do the research, look at both sides of the issues objectively, pray for wisdom, and then move forward with what you believe is right with the confidence of God’s people.
Our God is an "Awesome God" and He holds this new season in the palms of his hands, just as he has all seasons past. Remember your Bible John 10:1-10. God sent Jesus to shepherd us, and to teach us, and to save us from our sins. Jesus is the Good Shepard, who was sent so that we each can have life, and have it abundantly.
Blessings and Grace Always,
Our churches are committed to the following vision for the future:
1. Worship Well
2. Grow Together Spiritually
3. Promote Children & Youth Programs
4. Reach Out to Meet the Needs of our Communities
Come visit us and see how we are working on these visions!
First United Methodist Church of Falfurrias
302 W Allen St
Falfurrias, TX 78355
Church Office Phone:
First United Methodist Church of Premont
248 SW 1st Street
P.O. Box 630
Premont, TX 78375
Church Office Phone:
Falfurrias UMC - 9:15 a.m.
Premont UMC - 1:30 p.m.
Falfurrias @ 9:30 a.m.
Pastor Lon is generally in the Parsonage in Falfurrias on:
(1) On Friday afternoons - I generally arrive at the Parsonage from my home in New Braunfels TX.
(2) Saturdays - I am generally in the Parsonage all day.
(3) Sundays - I am generally at one of my 3 churches located in Bishop, Falfurrias and Premont.
(4) Monday morning - I generally return to my home in New Braunfels TX.
You are always welcome to call me and stop by the Parsonage or call me and schedule a time and place where we can meet if that's easier for you.
If you would like to visit with Pastor Lon...please call 817-907-2284 to to speak with him directly about a meeting time.
You are NOT required to be a member of our church to seek pastoral counseling.