Falfurrias and Premont FUMC - Please mark your calendars as appropriate :)
(1) Weekly Bible Study (On Hold for Now due to Corona Virus) - We began our study in May of 2018 and have continued every Sunday. As of March 1, 2020 we are reading in the book of First Chronicles and are about to plunge into Second Chronicles, which means we have finished with Second Chronicles we will have read and discussed 14 of the 66 books in our Christian Bible and 14 of the 39 books of the Old Testament. We took a short break during the hot summer months of 2019 but are back at it again. If you have been putting off reading and discussing the bible, cover to cover, here's your chance to jump in and do it with others in your Falfurrias/Premont church family. We will alternate between Falfurrias and Premont churches on an every other Sunday basis with 1st and 3rd Sundays in Falfurrias and 2nd and 4th Sundays in Premont. On the months with 5 Sundays we will take the 5th Sunday off :)
We meet at the church (either Falfurrias or Premont) on Sunday afternoons at 4:00 p.m. and generally finisfh around 5:30 p.m. PLEASE JOIN US :)
All are invited to attend!!
(2) Good Friday Service (On Hold for now Due to Corona Virus) - Friday April 10, 2020 at 5 pm at FUMC in Falfurrias. FUMC of Premont will be joining us.
All are invited :)
(3) Easter Sunrise Service (On Hold for Now Due to Corona Virus) - Sunday April 12, 2020 at 7 AM at FUMC of Falfurrias. FUMC of Premont will be joining us.
All are invited :)
(4) Hands of Hope - (Closed due to Corona Virus) When it reopens, it will be open every Wednesday in Falfurrias from 10 an to 2 pm. Contact Rosie at 361-522- 5306 for more information.
(5) Methodist Counselor – All meetings temporarily cancelled effective Monday March 1, 2020. When meetings resume they will be held every Wednesday in Falfurrias from 1pm to 5pm in the Church Parlor. (Sponsored by Methodist Health Care Ministries - Please call 956-867-0987 for more information)
(6) Purple Door Counselor - Every Tuesday in Falfurrias from 9am to 5pm in the Church Nursery.
(Please contact Jenyse Rodrigues for details. Jenyse can be reached by calling her supervisor, Jennifer Radcliffe-Jones, and asking for Jenyse's cell number. Jennifer's number is 361-248-3406)
(7) CNA Classes – In Falfurrias when in session and meets every Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30pm till done. Meet in the Sunday School Rooms in the back.
(Sponsored by Los Mestenos. Please contact Crystal at 361-228-3676 for details)
(8) GED Classes – In Falfurrias when in session meets every Tuesday and Wednesday at 5:40 PM till done.
(Sponsored by Los Mestenos. Contact Crystal at 361-228-3676 for details)
(See our table in Fellowship hall at the church in Falfurrias for more information on Events 3 -7)
March 26, 2020
God’s Blessings to You and Your Families,
Deana and I are all still doing OK here in New Braunfels, as are our children and their families. Not much has changed in that area and that is a good thing for Deana and I. Praise the Lord!
All of us in this great and wonderful country are doing our best to comply with the government’s mandates on staying safe at home and not doing things that might contribute to more Americans getting and spreading the virus. Sadly however, as we each anxiously watch our TV‘s for news each day, we see that the virus continues to spread and the number of cases continues to grow. We will probably hit a half million cases worldwide sometime today.
But in spite of that large number, we can be thankful that the death rate continues to be low in this country. So far in the United States, it is staying at around 1.5%. That’s comforting news as it could be very much worse.
Remember your Bible: Thessalonians 5:18 reminds us to 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
As we each witness the many changes happening all around us, try to pay careful attention to the "good things" that are happening. There are many "good things" happening if we look for them. For example, I had to go into the doctor Wednesday morning to have some routine blood work done, which I do every month. This time instead of having the test done in the doctor’s office, I was sent back to my car and a nurse came out to me in the parking lot to take the blood sample that was needed, as I sat in my vehicle. That was a great change. I did not have to sit in the doctor’s office with other sick people waiting on the test and its result. A "good thing".
If we take the time to look for "good things", we can see God working all around us during this scary and confusing time. Some examples: (1) Our government seems to be finally moving forward to help us all with a 2 trillion dollar rescue package, that I pray, will soon get money to people who are struggling. (2) We seem to see fewer people crazily scurrying around the grocery stores grabbing and hoarding food and other household items. (3) Social distancing seems to be having an effect on slowing the spread of the virus based on statistics out of New York. (4) Our elderly living in nursing homes and retirement centers are being protected as much as possible from the disease. (5) The country’s food supply remains bountiful and necessities are becoming more available in our grocery stores. (6) Our medical professionals are responding in unprecedented ways to deal with the disease and there are drugs and treatments that might soon be available to help us all. My list could go on! God is at Work in this! Hold to your Faith! God is with us!
Remember your bible: John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
My trip down to my churches in Bishop, Falfurrias and Premont this weekend is still on, unless the Governor of Texas shuts the state down completely on travel. My plan is to be in each of my 3 churches this Sunday, at its normal worship time, to pray for that church and its community. Even though I will likely be the only one there, I will be asking God to bless some pre-wrapped and pre-packaged individual communion sacraments sets that I will leave on the alter rail, for anyone who wants to arrange to come into the church, on an individual basis to pray and receive them in the days ahead. I do not know what next week holds or the week after that, so my heart is pushing me to do this now while I still can. As you know, a lot can happen between today and Holy Week that might prevent me getting down there again anytime soon. I will do my part in keeping us all safe, I will always try to comply with what our governor and local officials instruct us to do during this crisis.
I hope and pray that you are all doing well. This is hard for everyone, but we will get through it. Please do what you need to do to stay safe and show others kindness. Everyone is stressed and worried right now. Please keep everyone in your prayers and read your bible. God’s got this…this is the time we need to lean on Him
Blessings and Grace,
Psalm 56:3-4a 3 When I am afraid, I put my trust in thee. 4a In God, whose word I praise, In God I trust without fear.
Our churches are committed to the following vision for the future:
1. Worship Well
2. Grow Together Spiritually
3. Promote Children & Youth Programs
4. Reach Out to Meet the Needs of our Communities
Come visit us and see how we are working on these visions!
First United Methodist Church of Falfurrias
302 W Allen St
Falfurrias, TX 78355
Church Office Phone:
First United Methodist Church of Premont
248 SW 1st Street
P.O. Box 630
Premont, TX 78375
Church Office Phone:
Falfurrias UMC - 9:15 a.m.
Premont UMC - 1:30 p.m.
Falfurrias @ 9:30 a.m.
Pastor Lon is generally in the Parsonage in Falfurrias on:
(1) On Friday afternoons - I generally arrive at the Parsonage from my home in New Braunfels TX.
(2) Saturdays - I am generally in the Parsonage all day.
(3) Sundays - I am generally at one of my 3 churches located in Bishop, Falfurrias and Premont.
(4) Monday morning - I generally return to my home in New Braunfels TX.
You are always welcome to call me and stop by the Parsonage or call me and schedule a time and place where we can meet if that's easier for you.
If you would like to visit with Pastor Lon...please call 817-907-2284 to to speak with him directly about a meeting time.
You are NOT required to be a member of our church to seek pastoral counseling.